What is Himalayan salt? As common as salt is to our tables, we have come to accept its presence in our lives as ordinary. But in the not-too-distant past, wars were fought over its possession and civilizations rose and fell in pursuit of what came to be called “white gold.” In times past, common rock salt was given to the common people and the highly valued crystal salt, like Original Himalayan Crystal Salt, was reserved for royalty.
Salt is a mineral comprised mainly of the two elements, sodium and chloride. When we speak of salt, we mean unrefined, unprocessed, sodium chloride plus all of the other 84 natural occurring mineral elements held within the crystalline structure of the salt in its original form; holistic, wholesome, unaltered, and natural, the crystallized remains of an ancient, primal ocean that evaporated over 250,000,000 years ago, and is today coming from an exclusive mine in the Himalayan Mountains, Original Himalayan Crystal Salt.
Himalayan salt is widely touted for its mineral content, containing 84 minerals in total. In addition to sodium, Himalayan salt is relatively high in iron, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, potassium and chloride. It also contains traces of boron, fluoride, iodine, zinc, selenium and copper, all of which are necessary for bodily health. As a naturally occurring salt, Himalayan salt contains all these minerals without chemical processing or refinement. Because it is harvested naturally, Himalayan salt’s mineral benefits are available regardless of what form the salt is consumed as. Himalayan salt is most commonly found as coarse grains, fine grains, or large blocks which can be used as serving platters that delicately “season” the food they serve.
- Detoxifies the body by balancing systemic Ph
- Improves hydration by providing trace minerals
- Improves mineral status of the body
- Reduces muscle cramps by improving minerals and hydration
- Helps balance blood sugar
- Supports hormone balance for everyone, no matter what hormonal issues you face
- Helps balance blood pressure because it provides unrefined, mineral-rich salt in an ionic solution
- Improves sleep by supporting blood sugar and hormone balance
- Acts as a powerful antihistamine
- Supports weight loss by balancing hormones and improving energy
- The iron, which gives pink salt its color, is necessary for your body's production of hemoglobin.
- Provides an essential mineral for healthy bodily functions and regulate blood volume and blood pressureas well as helping to control muscle contractions, nerve transmissions and heart functions
- Potassium and magnesium are other key trace minerals in pink salt. Potassium helps to keep your heart healthy, and supports muscle function. Magnesium supports heart and kidney function, and can help relieve symptoms of asthma.
It is commonly used in cooking, Decoration In the form of Lamps, in place of other table salt, and for bath products such as bath salts in the form of Bath Soap.
Blocks of salt are also used as serving dishes and in the preparation of food. Fish and some meats can be preserved for use in certain dishes, and blocks of salt can be slowly heated to a temperature of around 400 degrees Fahrenheit and used as a cooking surface thereafter.
It is used for body massage purpose in the form of stone and balls for massage, foot detox lamps, foot detox plates, pink bath salt for scrub, roller for hand massage etc.
It is also used in decoration of wall in the form of sheets for an extraordinary look for indoor decoration.
In our current high-tech lifestyle, we can hardly imagine living without many electric devices; they make it easier to work in office, at home, in factories and many other such places. A lamp at work can help improve your concentration and refresh you, neutralizing the effects of stress, artificial light and air environment.